The golf simulators for the home are very much accurate to some extent. But they are not 100% accurate. Some variables are taken out of the consideration, such as wind, humidity, temperature, etc., which can alter the accuracy of the swing. The main drawback of the golf simulators is that you are forced to hit the mat. You can hit some great shots to the mat, but on the grass, it is totally different. The accuracy of the golf simulator depends upon the quality and set up we are using. Some of the golf simulators are quite accurate and some are not.
Golf simulator for home dimensions: – The dimensions of the golf simulator are approximately 4 or 5 meters (13 or 16 ft) wide * 6 meters (20 ft) in length *just over 3 meters (9.8 ft) height. It allows the freedom of swinging. This space allows 2 meters (6 ft 7 in) backswings for both left handed and right handed golf players.
Golf simulator for home hitting mat: – In a golf simulator for home, you cannot use grass as an option, for that you require having a hitting mat to hit the balls. The accuracy of shots being hit depends upon the quality of the hitting mat being used. Golf mats can be a great help in swing training.
You do not need to worry about weather or heat with the help of hitting mats. You can hit golf ball anytime and anywhere you want. If you want to buy an affordable golf mat, you should always pay close attention to quality, because if it is built poorly, then it will perform poorly. Therefore if you are looking for improving your game, then it is necessary for you to have a good quality hitting the mat. Another benefit of the hitting mat is that you will be able to swing whenever you feel like without the use of a simulator. It is just like that you wanted to perform few swings or practice long shots in between your work without having to turn on the laptop and configure the simulator. So, here we are providing you a list of five best hitting mats which are affordable and powerful: –
1. TrueStrike Golf Mat: – The biggest problem with the traditional golf mats is that they don’t calculate the shot analysis accurately. This is because of their harder hitting surface. Their harder hitting surface doesn’t allow playing fairway. The TrueStrike Golf mat is the first choice of the golf professionals and driving ranges, but if you have space then it is also good to use at home. The TrueStrike Golf Mat is strong and well-crafted mat. This mat reduces the problem of head-on. It has the softness as the fairway, which absorbs the club head as if were cutting into the real turf. This help in improving your game by replicating shots you would play on the fairway. This is result into an accurate ball flight and less strain on your body. It works by applying a layer of gel directly on the top surface. This gel reacts to the descending club head and compresses it downward like actual turf, which helps in simulating the real conditions of golf.
2. Country Club Elite Real Feel Golf Mat: – The Country Club Elite Real Feel Golf Mat is made up of the long fiber system, which soaks up the club head instead of resisting it. If you hit like fat on the course, then catch the ground behind the ball, and if you want to continue the clubhead into the fiber system which imparts accurate levels of spin and compression on the ball, then you will have to catch it flush. The Country Club Elite Real Feel Golf Mat is designed to eliminate club head “bounce” and react as though you were taking a divot. Indoor and backyard golf range of 3’ * 4’ or 4’ * 4’ is sufficient. One of the best features of the Real Feel is its toughness. This heavy duty product is made up of fiber and is very durable even after sustained and prolonged use. The other best feature of the Real Feel is that it can accept a real golf tee. You can actually fix tee on an area in Real Feel Golf Mat at a specified height.
3. Fairway Pro Golf Mat: – Fairway Pro Golf Mat is one of the first mats that utilize sliding technology to provide a more realistic ball striking experience. Fairway Pro Golf Mat slides forward on impact, before snapping back into place ready for or next shot. It is also known as a divot simulator because it allows you to hit down and through the ball which creates compression and gains realistic analysis on the quality of your shot. Fairway Pro Golf Mat not only enhance your practice time with added realism, but it also imparts less stress to your body, and hence greatly reduces the chances of injury. Fairway Pro Golf Mat is made up of German manufactured stainless steel springs and premium which makes it long lasting.
4. TT3660 Monster Tee Golf Turf: – The Monster Tee Golf Turf is made up of dense fibers, known as “Spring Crimped Nylon” which creates a cushion and reduces clubhead bounce which ultimately reduces the impact stress of the body. Moreover, this mat has urethane underside which reduces its weight. This mat is dense enough and can also accept a real golf tee without affecting the construction. This is a full sized golf hitting mat which measures exactly and provides both a standing platform and a lush hitting area. The surface of this mat is very thick and made up of 100% spring crimped nylon, which gives it a real hitting sensation. This is one of the durable mats available in the market. This mat measures 1.5 inches exactly which perfectly go with the surface of OptiShot simulator. This is a thick, quality mat which simulates realistic fairway conditions and reduces the chances of injuries with a flexible surface as it places less strain on your body than a hard surface. It provides you the feedback on the quality of your swing by adapting to your clubs head, just like a real turf can do. Monster Tee Golf Turf mat is portable and easy to pack and store, you just roll it up and store it. This mat is made up of dense fibers; therefore, it is one of the most durable mats available on the market that would not wear out quickly.
5. Callaway FT Launch Zone Mat: – Callaway FT Launch Zone Mat is 8” * 16” and is one of the smallest hitting mats. This portable mat is the best choice for those who are looking for cheap and durable hitting surface. The main advantage of this mat is that you can focus on consistently being in a perfect impact position. The tough rubber inside the mat makes it heavy enough so that it could not slide around. This mat has integrated tee holding technology which allows it to hold any type of tree directly on the mat. This mat has a tee holder and has hole at the front to secure it to the hard surface with nail or screw.
Golf simulator for home Launch Monitors: – Launch Monitors are the electronic devices which calculate various aspects of data while playing golf. These launch monitors are an important part of golf simulator for home as they help in tracking ball after impact and record the data at the impact. There are two types of launch monitors one which tracks the ball after impact and another one which uses the recorded data and provides measurements and projections about the golf shot.
1. Doppler Radar Launch Monitor
2. Photometric Camera Launch Monitor
1. Doppler Radar Launch Monitor: – Doppler Radar Launch Monitors track the ball after impact using Doppler Radar Technology. These launch monitors are based on the principle of Doppler Effect. The system generates a microwave signal which radiates out of the device. This signal is then interrupted by the moving golf ball, which causes some energy to e reflected and a sensor in the device detects the reflected signal. Radar based systems track the flight of the ball by using assumptions project details of the club head movements through the software.
2. Photometric Camera Launch Monitor: – Photometric Camera Launch Monitor use the recorded data and their own algorithms to provide a range of data measurements and projections about the golf shot that has been hit. These monitor uses a series of advanced high definition cameras club and ball data at impact and the project the flight and distance performance through the software. Radar based systems measure ball flight data and project club data, whereas camera based systems measure club data and project ball flight data. Ball Data includes; speed of ball, launch angle, launch direction, spin axis, spin rate, smash factor, height, carry, side, total, side total, landing angle, and hang time, whereas Club Data includes; club speed, angle of attack, club path, swing plane, swing direction, dynamic loft, spin loft, face angle, and face-to-path.
Modern launch monitors works with high accuracy but they since have margin for errors. Launch monitors gives detailed parameters of the golf ball after hitting and its impact, which helps you in knowing the accuracy and sharpness of the shot. A golfer who has access to this information and can interpret it can make you understand the game at a deeper level and allow you to understand your ball flight and what you can do to control and improve it.
As the technology to measure ball flight becomes more accessible and more affordable there are many launch monitors in the market. Some of these are: –
Ernest Sports ES12: – Ernst Sports ES12 is an extremely accurate portable launch monitor that offers ball speed and distance data with minimal setup. This launch monitor uses Doppler radar to measure ball speed and calculate the distance covered by the ball after every shot. This launch monitor is 5.3 inches tall, 3 inches wide and 1.8 inches thick. Because of its small size, it can be easily slipped into your golf bag. It uses 9-volt battery and thus can be used for distance-gapping practice and long- drive contests.
It is easy to setup with ES12. Position the unit in from of and to the side of your golf ball. For most accurate readings you should have to enter the club on the LCD panel. You should add the specific altitude for more accurate readings. ES12 in combination with ES12 app connects to the smart devices via Bluetooth which provides a visible and audible response of each shot. You can even record the entire session of practice.
Voice Caddie SC200: – Voice Caddie SC200 is a small, pocket-sized launch monitor which uses Doppler radar to track distance covered by the ball and speed of the ball, as well as swing speed and smash factor. You can manually program the exact lofts of their clubs to make the data more accurate. It works for shots at the distance from 30-320yards and automatically calibrates barometric pressure to offer accurate readings in different conditions.
It offers three different gameplay modes: Practice mode, Target Mode, and Approach Mode.
FlightScope Mevo: – FlightScope Mevo is a new launch monitor which uses Doppler radar to trackball speed, club speed, smash factor, vertical launch angle, carry distance and spin rate. It can connect to smart devices through Bluetooth to offer real-time data, video with video data overlay, automatic video clipping, and the ability to upload practice session.
• SkyTrack: -It is a camera based launch monitor which takes high-speed photos of a golf ball just after impact to predict its flight. Its cameras measure ball speed, launch angle, backspin, slide spin, and side angle, which allow the system to calculate it other data points.
• Ernest Sports ES16 Tour: – The Ernest Sports ES16 uses both Doppler radar and photometric systems to measure the ball data and club data. This launch monitor depends on the Doppler radar to measure club head and ball speed and two high-speed cameras to measure spin and direction.
• Trackman 4: -Trackman 4 is Doppler radar launch monitors. Trackman can track ball flight from takeoff to landing with excellent accuracy. Trackman 4 can boost up accuracy and speed by using two radars one is for measuring long distance ball flight and one is for measuring short distances shots. Each Trackman unit has an internal HD video camera and can be connected to six other cameras to merge video and data.
Golf simulator for home theater: – Golf is generally played in clear sunny day during summers. If you love to play golf and do not get time, or you are not able to play due to cold climatic conditions or night, then golf simulator for home theater is the best option for you. In this configuration, the room acts as a golf simulator, having features of golf simulation system that uses a projector and a screen combo, along with software to tee it up with a number of courses offered. In another configuration, it is a high-performance theater, completed with a surrounding sound system just like a movie or TV show on a big screen. The setup needs a projector for the golf simulation and a fixed screen that would take the abuse of golf ball target practice.
The High Definition Golf Simulator can be installed on any wall type. It comes in three sizes; executive, standard, and championship. Choose your size with a package which includes a desktop workstation, an HDTV compatible projector and a 19-inch touch screen console along with realistic looking golf courses, golf ball, and club tracking system and nylon golf turf tee mats and speakers. The projector projects the 3D images of golf courses with the chirping sound of birds and blowing the wind which will appear realistic.