The great thing about technology today is that the golfer has plenty of options, but it can be a tough decision on which route to go. The standard golf bag used to be Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood and then a 3-PW with a SW and a putter. Now golfers have so many options between hybrids and the plenty of options available in the wedges between the 52, 54, 56, 58 and 60 degree wedges that golfers can plug and play with. The majority of golfers should select the 3 hybrid. It provides great versatility both off the tee, out of the fairway and out of the rough. However, some golfers may still prefer the 5 wood for several reasons. There are pros and cons to both clubs and the decision is ultimately based on the strengths and weaknesses of your game.
Top 3 Reasons to carry a 5 wood:
- Easier to hit off of the tee.
- May have a bigger yardage advantage.
- Won’t hook as easy as the 3 hybrid.
Top 3 Reasons to carry a 3 hybrid:
- Greater versatility out of the fairway and rough.
- Potentially provides a higher lofted option.
- Will be easier to hit a draw with.