Launch Monitors are the electronic devices which calculate various aspects of data while playing golf. These launch monitors are an important part of golf simulator for home as they help in tracking ball after impact and record the data at the impact. There are two types of launch monitors one which tracks the ball after impact and another one which uses the recorded data and provides measurements and projections about the golf shot.
1. Doppler Radar Launch Monitor: – Doppler Radar Launch Monitors track the ball after impact using Doppler Radar Technology. These launch monitors are based on the principle of Doppler Effect. The system generates a microwave signal which radiates out of the device. This signal is then interrupted by the moving golf ball, which causes some energy to e reflected and a sensor in the device detects the reflected signal. Radar-based systems track the flight of the ball by using assumptions project details of the club head movements through the software.
2. Photometric Camera Launch Monitor: – Photometric Camera Launch Monitor use the recorded data and their own algorithms to provide a range of data measurements and projections about the golf shot that has been hit. This monitor uses a series of advanced high definition cameras club and ball data at impact and the project the flight and distance performance through the software.
Doppler Radar Launch Monitors Vs Photometric Camera Launch Monitors:
Radar-based systems measure ball flight data and project club data, whereas camera based systems measure club data and project ball flight data. Ball Data includes; speed of ball, launch angle, launch direction, spin axis, spin rate, smash factor, height, carry, side, total, side total, landing angle, and hang time, whereas Club Data includes; club speed, angle of attack, club path, swing plane, swing direction, dynamic loft, spin loft, face angle, and face-to-path.
Modern launch monitors work with high accuracy but they since have a margin for errors. Launch monitors give detailed parameters of the golf ball after hitting and its impact, which helps you in knowing the accuracy and sharpness of the shot. A golfer who has access to this information and can interpret it can make you understand the game at a deeper level and allow you to understand your ball flight and what you can do to control and improve it.
As the technology to measure ball flight becomes more accessible and more affordable there are many launch monitors in the market. Some of these are: –
Ernest Sports ES12: – Ernst Sports ES12 is an extremely accurate portable launch monitor that offers ball speed and distance data with minimal setup. This launch monitor uses Doppler radar to measure ball speed and calculate the distance covered by the ball after every shot. This launch monitor is 5.3 inches tall, 3 inches wide and 1.8 inches thick. Because of its small size, it can be easily slipped into your golf bag. It uses 9-volt battery and thus can be used for distance-gapping practice and long- drive contests.
It is easy to setup with ES12. Position the unit in from of and to the side of your golf ball. For most accurate readings you should have to enter the club on the LCD panel. You should add the specific altitude for more accurate readings. ES12 in combination with ES12 app connects to the smart devices via Bluetooth which provides a visible and audible response of each shot. You can even record the entire session of practice.
Voice Caddie SC200: – Voice Caddie SC200 is a small, pocket-sized launch monitor which uses Doppler radar to track distance covered by the ball and speed of the ball, as well as swing speed and smash factor. You can manually program the exact lofts of their clubs to make the data more accurate. It works for shots at the distance from 30-320yards and automatically calibrates barometric pressure to offer accurate readings in different conditions.
It offers three different gameplay modes: Practice mode, Target Mode, and Approach Mode.
FlightScope Mevo: – FlightScope Mevo is a new launch monitor which uses Doppler radar to trackball speed, club speed, smash factor, vertical launch angle, carry distance and spin rate. It can connect to smart devices through Bluetooth to offer real-time data, video with video data overlay, automatic video clipping, and the ability to upload practice session.
• SkyTrack: -It is a camera based launch monitor which takes high-speed photos of a golf ball just after impact to predict its flight. Its cameras measure ball speed, launch angle, backspin, slide spin, and side angle, which allow the system to calculate it other data points.
• Ernest Sports ES16 Tour: – The Ernest Sports ES16 uses both Doppler radar and photometric systems to measure the ball data and club data. This launch monitor depends on the Doppler radar to measure club head and ball speed and two high-speed cameras to measure spin and direction.
• Trackman 4: -Trackman 4 is Doppler radar launch monitors. Trackman can track ball flight from takeoff to landing with excellent accuracy. Trackman 4 can boost up accuracy and speed by using two radars one is for measuring long distance ball flight and one is for measuring short distances shots. Each Trackman unit has an internal HD video camera and can be connected to six other cameras to merge video and data.
Click here buy best golf simulator for home for money.